Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Step at a Time.


I have to make a confession to you my friend; I have what they call O.C. (Obsessive Compulsive) Disorder. In the Philippines, they call it OC-OC. If you are like me, you probably have a “TO DO LIST” in somewhere near you (I want everything organized). I have a “TO DO LIST” in my phone, maybe you have it in your mind, it is a list of all things you need and hope to get it done within the day or sometime soon and being a therapist we also formulate short term and long term goals for our patients. I know sometimes I can get so busy and sometimes it overwhelms me and drains my energy. And just today, I have to look at my patient list and it is way above the norm. And most of the time, our “TO DO LIST”, though it is full of good intention, it can actually distract us and keep us from God’s plan.


And you know what my friend, God wants to live us a balanced life. In reality, all things don’t happen instantly, even microwavable food isn’t cooked instantly, It can take up to 5 minutes to cook it. As a human being, we grow one step at a time, we grow big little by little, we lose weight gradually, we pay debt one payment at a time. Don’t get me wrong, I believe the Bible verse “With God, all things are possible,” but it also doesn’t say “With God, all things happen instantly.”  And yes, my God is a supernatural God, but we also have to be patient in what His plans for our lives.



God is saying to me now, learn to balance, learn to trust ME, learn to be patient Mike and do it one step at a time. He wants me to focus on the next step, not on the actual long travel. I am letting God to just lead and guide me on my journey and let me just do the stepping. I don’t need to figure out everything today, all I need to do today is to take that next step which is moving forward. I may have to make some adjustment along the way, but I know God is leading me. Same with you my friend just start doing a little baby step at a time and before we know it, we are there in our destination.



No comments:

Post a Comment