Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Abscess

Have you ever had a boil that turned into an abscess? If not, you better pray you don’t get one. Lol… I have one now. It all started with just a simple pimple that turned into a boil and turned into an abscess. I started to self medicate, tried to clean and drain it by myself. Then after three painful days, I decided to go to an expert, a doctor. The doctor said, “if only you have come earlier, we could have prevented it to get infected like that.” She told me that it is one of the worst that she is draining.


You know what my friend; our life is like my simple boil that turned into an abscess, if we will just consult God first and not self medicate, we can prevent all the complications and infections in life.


Another thing I learned when I went to the doctor’s office is that you have to wait. Even though I am walking in pain and a bloody bandage, I still have to wait. I waited for approximately an hour just to have my turn to be operated, to add more pain, to add more injury which is of course for my own treatment and relief. And I believe this is also the same thing in life. We will spend a lot of waiting time in life. I could have made a scene asking the secretary to hasten my appointment or I could have just waited patiently waiting for my turn which is of course will eventually come.


And God sees us while we are waiting; He can be saying “Wait the right way, wait patiently.” God instructed us to wait patiently, if we wait in Him, we will not be weary. And sometimes, we just have to walk through things while we wait and sometimes we run and the time goes by quickly. Now, my question is, how do we wait? I believe we should wait with praise and worship in our hearts. Praising Him and thanking Him in advance for what will happen is a good sign of patience. We wait patiently by watching our words, action and thoughts. Our thoughts direct our words and will eventually direct our lives.















No comments:

Post a Comment