Thursday, August 29, 2013

Education

My daughter was asking me yesterday why I am still studying. I told her that learning is never ending. The moment we stop learning, we are dead. I saw a post at our work and it says “Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself. –John Dewey.” And a lot of people suffer from refusing to learn. I have encountered a lot of people who are envious of my position at work and I tell them to go back to school and earn it! A lot of people have reached a certain level in life that they just cruise after high school graduation. They will stop reading a book, stop learning and start complaining about life. They think, I’m done with school and I have a job and just start complaining about my life. But God never created us to reach at a certain position and then stop reaching higher? Whether you are 8 years old or 80 years old, God has a plan for you. That is the reason why I am actually back in school and finishing my doctorate degree. That is the reason why I push my wife to go back to school and finish her nursing degree and that is also the reason why I push my children to learn more every day, learn music instruments and read books for life is a never ending lesson. The key here is to take responsibility for your own personal growth, attend conferences, go online and get continuing education courses, attend church activities, listen to good audio and read books! So what are you waiting for? Go back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment