Sunday, September 4, 2011

You Have to Believe it, to Receive it.


Ever wondered why Joseph was named Joseph the Dreamer? Yes, he interpreted dreams of the people, but on the other side of the coin, I believed he kept on dreaming what God has put in his heart. He kept saying to himself that God has not forgotten him. In his story, Joseph was betrayed by his brothers, he was sold to slavery because of their jealousy, he was falsely accused by the wife of the pharaoh, just imagine that… he spent approximately thirteen years in prison that he didn’t do and when he made an interpretation of a dream for another person and promise him to get back to get him out of prison, he was forgotten by that person.  But certainly God did not forget Joseph. But looking on Joseph’s perspective, he must have said “God has forgotten me, look how my life is, I am imprisoned, abandoned, forsaken, I thought God has given me a promise, a dream, look at me now, and locked in a prison cell”

But the story of Joseph didn’t end in a sad ending; it teaches us that we should see hard times as a test of faith. When things aren’t going our own way, we have the opportunity to find out what we are made of. What kind of attitude will we have? Will it be a bitter, negative attitude? Will it be asking God why? Will it be blaming God? OR will we stay in faith? Knowing that God has a plan for your life?

To end the story of Joseph, when he was finally released, he was promoted; he was given a big break. I love what Joseph said to his brothers when they had this reunion. “What was meant for my harm, God used it to my advantage.”

You may be like Joseph right now, feeling helpless, full of problems, difficulties in life, facing a divorce, down in a debt, facing a sickness or a disease, jobless, dealing with problematic child, relationship problems, whatever it may be. If you keep on trusting God and putting your faith in Him, He will push you through and give you the desires of your heart in HIS time, maybe a tomorrow, a day, a week, a month, a year, or just like Joseph more than thirteen years. But rest assured, He will fulfill His promises to you as long as you keep the faith in Him. I am blessed my friend and so are YOU!


You are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment