Saturday, June 25, 2011

Faith without Works is Dead.

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.  James 2:14

The good book clearly explains that if you have faith, you should also put it into action. Without work or implementation of your faith, it is dead… And I believe if you don’t implement what you believe or your faith, it is just called good ideas. And good ideas should be implemented; it should be done, for without proper work, it is dead!  Just like at school, if you just keep putting your faith in God to pass that exam without studying, aba… sigurado di ka papasa niyan (for sure, you will not pass that exam), not unless you did something fishy. Same with preparing for your something, like kung meron kang gustong puntahan na lugar and you keep on telling yourself, “by faith, by faith I can go to that place or conference”, I believe we all should do our part in saving and do not just put the faith on somebody else’s, are you getting what I am talking about? We should prepare, we should do our own part. When God truly work in our lives, it affects everything about us. It affects our words, our thoughts and of course our actions.

How do you know when somebody has faith? By their actions and preparations in life. How do you know someone is generous in giving? By actions. How do you know someone is kind? By their actions. How do you know someone is patient? By their actions. How do you know someone has love? By their actions. How do you know someone has self control? By their actions. How do you know when a person has joy? By their action. How do you know when a person has peace? By their actions. I believe we are all a work in progress, but I believe we should all start doing some action here.

Now, my question to you my friend, can your friends or the people around you, tell by your actions that you have faith or just actions or both? We all have areas that need improvement, I myself need to develop more patience, more love, more joy, more peace and I am working on it. And as a follower of Christ, we can be assured that He is always working behind the scene for us. So when I say KEEP the FAITH my friend, I also mean put it into ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment