Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Asking and Seeking.

 I have a confession to make, I haven’t been praying lately to God. I’ve been working so hard that I tend to forget to have a quiet time. Most of the time, the only prayer I get to have is when I go to my kids room and tell them to pray. Often times, I will hear them asking for something like toys or clothes that I can do something about. But just recently, my kids Alyssa and Akeisha started asking God to let Zeyah the youngest of them all to be able to attend their school. Here in this area, pre-kindergarten is only for the less fortunate. People who have higher incomes (yeah yeah, I earn so much!!! Lol) are endorsed to Day Cares who can afford to pay them. One of the reason why we wanted Zeyah to be in that Pre-K school is that it is the same school were her siblings go to. When we visited for the registration day, they said she cannot attend due to certain income brackets, they said we shouldn’t expect and we are on the waiting list etcetera etcetera. Well guess what, last minute they called and said that Zeyah was accepted and she should come and go to school this week. My children told me that their prayers were just answered and that God is just so awesome.  The situation has touched me and my wife that we realized how prayers are so important.



A lot of times, it is easy to think we are not supposed to ask from God, a lot of times we just go along with what is happening and forget the importance and meaning of a good and sincere prayer especially from a child. The Bible tells that God longs to give the desires of our hearts and give His blessings to you. Actually, God has said “You don’t have because you do not ask!” Every time we ask God for favor, blessings or provisions, you are training your faith. When you pray, make sure you ask it sincerely and with faith. It is very important to have an attitude of faith and expectancy. If you want to move God into your lives, you need to believe in Him! He has given you everything you need to be successful in life. Your Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment