Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Work in Progress

When a person receives Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, some people totally change in an instant, but in my case, I did not instantly became a new person. Yes, my spirit was made new through the Holy Spirit, the old passes away, but wait a minute kapeng mainit, not everything in my life changed instantly. Actually, I was even more tempted, even more challenged, because I am still a work in progress. You may be like me, who accepted Jesus Christ as their savior and still sin, and still being tempted, and still get mad. I would like to encourage you my friend that like me, you are still a work in progress. And the key to moving forward in our spiritual journey doesn’t stop by just accepting Jesus Christ alone. We need to do our part in abiding in His words, spending time in prayer and in worship and connecting to the right people in a good church. I believe that is the key in achieving that Victory in Christ and totally being Born Again.

Today my friend, if you see a fellow Christian who accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior, don’t expect them to be perfect, don’t expect them to be exactly like you, because just like me, they may be a work in progress too…Like what I said, God is at work in our lives. We may not be where we want to be now; we may have made some mistakes or setbacks. But in God, we can be new; we can be re-Born Again…

No comments:

Post a Comment