Saturday, June 4, 2011

Family Tree

 ‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the LORD Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares the LORD Almighty.” Haggai 2:9

I like what I read on the book of Haggai, it says there that the present house will be greater than the glory of the former house. I believe that I will have a better life than my biological father, I believe that I can surpass whatever he did before in a Christ-like manner, I believe that I can overcome whatever wealth he accumulated because that is what God created us to be, better or greater than the former one. And I believe and declare that my children, Alyssa, Akeisha and Izaiah will overcome surpass what me and my wife Puppen have accumulated in our life span.

God wants to amaze us with His goodness. I believe that the day we are living is increasing in His favor.  I have seen God blessed me to a certain degree, God has blessed me financially, professionally and physically, but in reality, I haven’t seen anything yet. God’s favor is yet to come in my future and it will supersede anything that my father/mother has done and my children will also overcome what I and Puppen have done.

Now, the verse talks about how the glory of the previous one will be greater than the glory of the former. That means, what God did for my parents or me, my kids will surpass this. The blessings and favor of the past generation were good, but we serve a God of increase and I believe that He has greater things in store for me and my children!

Same with you my friend, I encourage you to get your hopes up, I encourage you to enlarge your vision, enlarge your territory, don’t settle that mediocre attitude that your family is just poor, just a regular employee, just a farmer, just a barely get by family,  and that you will be like that too. No! That’s a lie being given by the devil. God has a good plan for your life. Expect God to bring you opportunities across your life. Be expectant. Prepare your heart and mind to receive an increase and blessing that God has in store for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment