Friday, May 13, 2011

Fall Seven Times, Stand Up Eight.

Sometimes, this life is so full of negative things, it will try to push you down. We will all face disappointments and setbacks. And since its NBA finals, I am following Lebron James and he had some setbacks and delays in achieving his dream of getting that championship ring. When he was in Cleveland,  he didn’t get that championship, he was rejected by his home team when he transferred to the new and revamp Miami Heat, all because he wanted a championship ring. I believe that was his setback, that was a delay, but he bounced back.  Several days ago, they have beaten the unshakable Boston Celtics with ease, because like what I said they chose not to dwell in the past and chose to look forward. It is easy to get discourage, lose their enthusiasm, or even be tempted just to stay where they are.  But when they chose to see what they have in the future, they were motivated to get that dream.


Just like me my friend, practicing my profession as a Physical Therapist took me more than 10 years to realize that this is my real calling. I had some setbacks and delay, I was denied visa several times and failed exams. But that doesn’t mean I have to stay on that position. I looked on God’s best. I chose to have a bounce back mentality. That means when we get knocked down like Pacquiao, you don’t stay down; you get back up again and again and again and again! You have to know that every time adversity comes against you, it is a time for you to stand up and fight!


And remember, as a child of the most high God, the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in us. Remember this, there is no challenge to difficult for you, no obstacle too high for you, no sickness, no denials, no rejections, no disappointment, no person, nothing can keep you from your God given destiny but only you… If you keep staying under His wings and in faith, stay in a positive attitude, I believe you can rise again! He can make things beautiful even it is dark, He can take that stumbling block into a stepping stone, He can move you forward to VICTORY!

"For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again"
(Proverbs 24:16a, NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment