Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How to Beat Monday Morning Blues?

Sometimes when we wake up in the morning, we wake up feeling not good, we wake up on the wrong side of the bed, masama ang gising, we don’t feel very excited, other’s call it Monday blues, or bed weather, or you had a fight with your boss, or friend or spouse, or any kind of excuses not to be productive for the day. But just because we feel that emotion doesn’t mean we have to stay in that situation, we can rebuke that emotion and move forward in God’s plan for you on that day.

I was reading David’s story in the Bible, who had lots of situation to get into a bad day. Yes, he killed Goliath, yes he was the king of Israel that time, yes he was rich and yet, he still struggled with being problematic and discouraged. I am not saying be a hypocrite, what I am saying here is that, you are not alone, everybody experiences this, I myself is guilty with this, minsan naiinis talaga ako sa araw ko, don’t say magiging maganda lang mood ko “if I get a good job, or if I have more money, if I pass this exam, if I hit my target, if I have a boyfriend/girlfriend, or a different spouse” then ill be in a good mood… That’s a big no my friend, you may be thinking of that, but all of us should be fighting the temptation to resist this feeling.

I like what I heard in the church, stop looking at your problems and start looking at your God, I believe its also David who said that quote in the Bible. That tells me that true joy is only found in God, when you take your eyes away from your problem and turn it to God, believe something will happen.  I like what another quote, instead of talking how big your mountain is, start talking to that mountain how big your God is!

One thing I learned along the way is that we should not be deciding our day on how we feel, we should be deciding our day on how our God is. I believe God has a great plan for us EVERYDAY! When we wake up and with all those negative, discouraging thoughts and feelings, start rebuking it. Never give in to your emotions and let them keep you from God’s blessings. You can decide to have a great day, a blessed day. You can start this by saying a prayer instead of complaining. You can start it by declaring blessings in your life today. Read your Bible and be blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment