Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reaching Out Without Arms...

I read somewhere about happiness, it goes like this "If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a month, buy a new car. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. But if you want happiness for a lifetime, help others."

I am asking you today my friend, who are you helping today in your life. Are you helping others to be great in life? Or are you just helping them to be bad? LOL…. Are you encouraging somebody? Are you investing your time and energy to make someone else better? Look around you, there are a lot of people that needs your help.

One thing I like about my new job as a physical therapist is that we get to help people, seeing patients in a bed ridden position, then you see them slowly get up, slowly stand up, slowly walking is such a pleasure. Helping people recover and encourage them to walk and stand again is much better than any other job in the world.

And I read a story about a person without arms and feet also known as phocomelia. His name is Nick Vujijiv. He was born with no upper and lower extremities, he totally cannot walk, I believe his parents were so discourage. But after a few years, they discovered something about this child. When Nick grew up, he only not became famous about his condition, but he is now a famous inspirational speaker. He goes around the world speaking about the goodness of God. Ofcourse he couldn’t march or run. I believe he is in a wheelchair. But that did not stop him. And I believe his father told that when Nick was first born, he and his wife would have said “God, why us? What did we do to deserve a child like this?” Now I think, they ask the question in a different tone, “God, why us? What did we do to deserve such a great child like Nick, a child that could bring us so much joy and encourage other people” What if Nick’s parents gave up on him? What if they didn’t help him in this life? Where would be Nick right now?





Today, I encourage you my friend to look for ways to help others, don’t be afraid to go out of your way to help other people. Always remember, when you reach out and encourage other, its as if you are reaching out to God Himself. I believe God will bless you when you also bless others.

2 comments: